TOP TEN REASONS TO STAY AT YOUR VALENCIA B&B
10. Bed and Breakfast Valencia Center: We are located in the very center of Valencia, just around the corner from the main, most central, Plaza de la Virgen -square, with the famous ‘Holy-Grail’ Cathedral . Staying in the historical center of Valencia means that anything worth seeing or doing is within a five to ten minutes’ walk from your home away from home in Valencia, Spain.
All major sites of interest, museums, shops and cosy terraces and restaurants of the famous bohemian Barrio del Carmen district are right here at your doorstep, yet still we promise you a good nights’ sleep in a very quiet street with a Roman Church as your neighbor across the balconies of your own Victorian Valencia Mansion. Unique in this city that never seems to sleep! You will find the entrance to the famous Turia-Park right at the end of our street, in the heart of the historical center.
Your Bed and Breakfast is located most central in a private and secure location with sunny balcony for you to enjoy, in one of the best neighborhoods in Valencia; from which you can explore this vibrant city easily by foot.
Your hosts are fluent in English, French, Dutch, German… and Spanish of course!
9. Bed and Breakfast Value: Valencia does not have a long experience in receiving visitors, this means at most local bars and restaurants one will not be able to communicate in English. English language will be spoken at five star hotels, but one might also “nickel and dime” you to financial death!
Here’s a partial list of features that are included in your contribution:
- Personalised ‘Welcome to Valencia’ reception with sparkling Cava-Champagne juices and fresh local pastry-treats, a city-map where we will highlight our favorite restaurants, museums and other places of interest; and also ‘off the beaten track’- locations based on your personal interests. May you be a ‘foodie’, a ‘beach-lover’ or just crazy about art and architecture, your personal city-plan will be drawn up especially for you! Don’t be fooled by tourists traps and make sure to let us advise you to go where locals go while staying in vibrant Valencia.
- Award winning five star Champagne breakfast (see ‘reason six’)
- Tea making facilities open at all times, offering an exclusive selection of international blends, an ‘honesty bar’ with local wines, Cava-Champagne, beers, spirits, soft-drinks and juices based on voluntary contribution.
- Always complimentary bottled spring water in your private room.
- Free high speed WiFi internet throughout the entire location, flat screen t.v. with 0ver 130 national and international channels, recent local and international magazines and an extended library with over 2.000 titles to choose from. Not finished with your novel on your departure date? Not to worry; just take it with you, and replace it with another title if you can.
- Twice daily cleaning service, fresh fluffy towels every day, beach-towels, sunscreens, and: bathrooms – with professional hairdryer – filled to the rim with rich creams, lotions, soaps, shampoos and and anything else you might need. No need to pack any toiletries!
- Have you heard rumors that we can make all your fine dining- and cultural – reservations (like concerts, theatre, opera or flamenco shows) and we also do your dirty laundry at no extra charge? All true.
8. Bed and Breakfast with Welness and Mindfulness: The core of our concept is Mindfulness, which means everything in your surroundings has been carefully chosen with paying attention to every detail in quality: on purpose and with aim. This means an Ikea-free, original and artistic decor with an eclectic mix of art, design and comfort. From the fine bone china tea-cups to the authentic oil-paintings and pieces of inspiring modern design; from the 100 % egyptian cotton beddings on brand new box-spring hotelbeds, to in-house expositions of local artists: quality and care are our number one priority in making your Valencia Bed and BReakfast as comfortable – and as inspiring – as possible.
And while you are here: enjoy the “Early Bird Meditation Room” for a moment of silent contemplation before breakfast, or a relaxing (individual or couple-)massage in our in-house sunny massage room. All relaxing tailor-made massages to your requests are executed by our fresh and highly experienced therapists. Think beyond a darkened room with a couple of candles. Your massage room is bright and sunny, overlooking a private balcony with complete privacy and stunning views of the oldest Roman Church in Valencia.
In addition to our in-house sunny massage room and ‘Early Bird Meditation Room’, our bright and light Yoga-Center (located at less than 30 steps form our front door) offers private or communal Pilates classes, a selection of private or communal yoga classes, and mindfull-meditation sessions by appointment.
By the way, we would love to host your wedding, or other special romantic celebration. Many of our guests are either couples, solo-travelers or groups of friends who especially like the two large lounge rooms and sunny balconies for a shared drink before going out to dinner. If you have any special occasion to celebrate, please let us know in advance, so we may accommodate all your wishes. The Bed and Breakfast Valencia Mindfulness Retreat welcomes families too, but is not suitable for children under sixteen years of age.
7. Time for sharing, with privacy in mind: As much as we like to take the time to help you plan your personal initially and promote a shared breakfast with the opportunity to meet fellow travelers, we also understand the need for privacy. As all guests at our internationally oriented location are different, we try to understand each guests’ personal likes as soon a you enter our door. Even though your bedroom is of course 100% private, please note we like to create the possibility of getting to know each other and fellow travelers, may it be over the shared breakfast or during pre-dinner drinks in one of our two lounge rooms.
Some of our guests we only see during breakfast, and mostly stay to themselves to relax in their private bedroom; others like to socialize more, and are open to share experiences. In this way, anybody can ‘feel at home’ in a way that fits their own personality.
However, please keep in mind our location is not a hotel, nor would we like to be one. This means that if you are looking for 100% privacy – without any interaction with others – we think you would be more comfortable in one of Valencia’s fine hotels.
6. Award winning Cava-Champagne breakfast: As we believe your daily breakfast is important for a day of exploring, we only choose the best ingredients and serve it as attractive as we can in our sun-lit breakfast room.
Your extended breakfast includes:
- A selection of daily fresh breads, pastries and croissants from our local family-run bakery.
- A selection of chopped local fresh seasonal fruits from the Mercado Central (Melon, Strawberries, Pineapple, Peaches, Kiwi, Oranges.
- A selection of cheeses: Spanish Machego, Brie, Camenbert, Dutch Gouda, Leerdammer.
- A selection of meats: Locally produced salami and Spain’s famous Serrano hams.
- Valencia’s famously tasty tomatoes, Greek Danone yoghurts, a selection of sweet jams (Tomato, Blueberry, Peach, Strawberry).
- A selection of cheese-spreads, a selection of Dutch Sprinkles (Bitter Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Fruties).
- A selection of cereals: Granola & Nuts, Kellogs Cornflakes; Sugar Loops, Fruit & Fibre Forrest fruits.
- American Coffee, Dutch Coffee, Italian Espresso Coffee Steamed Milk, Juices and of course: Regional Cava Champagne!
Special diet-requests (gluten-free / vegetarian / vegan ) welcome.
5. Selected Bed and Breakfast guests: You will not find our booking-information on any automated reservation sites like booking.com, expedia.com and the likes. Please let us explain why. This is because we want to offer you an interesting environment, with like-minded people. Therefore we personally select our guests from all reservation-requests received. This is our home, and we will not share it with just anybody.
This is also why our exact location will not show up on Google maps, as to prevent ‘walk-ins’ or other possible would-be guests without previously made reservations. Does this mean you actually have to ‘apply’ to stay with us, instead of just making a reservation? Well, err… yes.
4. Involvement in our local community: We actively support our local community. We strongly believe in supporting local family-owned shops, finding your daily fresh breakfast-breads and pastries from the small bakery in our street, your seasonal fruits and your other breakfast-treats are from the local ‘Mercado Central’. Whenever possible we choose locally produced and in-season organic foods.
You will notice our strong penchant for the arts while being our guest. We invite local artists to showcase their work in a permanent (bi-monthly changing) in-house art exposition, without taking any commission when one of our guests fall in love with a piece and decide to purchase it to take it home. May it be handcrafted ceramic tiles with a twist, original modern etches or more traditional local oil-paintings; the ever changing exposition will be fresh and new whenever you decide to stay with us an extra time.
3. Satisfaction guaranteed: Here’s your “5 Star Guarantee” – plain and simple- with no fine print whatsoever. Read the information on this website, and when you think you might just fit : send us an E-mail with a reservation-request. If we haven’t totally met your expectations after your first nights’ sleep and our extended five-star breakfast, we will tear up your bill and we’ll gladly help you find other accommodations in the city.
2. Approved and registered Bed and Breakfast: The Valencia Mindfulness Retreat is registered and approved by the Valencia Tourist Board. This means you can be assured the level of quality and representation on our website to meet all requested criteria as outlined by the local authorities. This also means we have a legal touristic registration number, and therefore the local laws of administration apply; formal municipality complaint forms are available to all our guests at any time. All quotes on our website include applicable taxes.
1. Service, quality and a unique, memorable experience: Staying with us means it is all about you, and one of our main goals is to make your stay personal, with an opportunity to share your experience with other guests. We aim at creating a very personalized experience and strongly believe a shared experience will create a more meaningful and therefore more memorable experience. Personal service, care and quality are our core values, and we will try to do anything we can to make your stay as relaxed – yet inspiring – as we can.